HR Stage - Employee Experience
We are Nmbrs and we make HR- and Payroll software for the Dutch and Swedish market! Doesn’t sound very cool, but we are for sure. We can hear you thinking, what makes you so cool then? Let us tell you:
- We work the agile way and without managers, this means we are responsible for organizing our work;
- We have young teams, work hard and we love to hang out with each other;
- We have breakfast and lunch in our own office restaurant;
- Besides an office in Amsterdam we also have an office in the beautiful city of Lisbon;
- We kick-off the summer by bringing all offices together for an amazing event at a very secret location that gets crazier each year;
- We ensure a healthy balance between your professional and personal life;
- We have company bikes, cars and even a boat on the beautiful Amsterdam canals that you can use;
- We’re a little different, not crazy. And we hope you are too.
How does that sound? If you are curious to experience our company culture and can identify with the Nmbrs' description, please read further!
We are looking for a new team member to join our Employee Experience Squad and who is able to start from January/February 2021!
As you can imagine, this HR internship position is oriented towards creating the best work environment for all Nmbrs’ employees. Your activities will include:
- Take part in the Pre-Onboarding & Onboarding of new hires;
- Learn about Payroll and assist with personnel mutations;
- Learn about and assist with compensation & benefits;
- Support with operational tasks such as answering employees' questions, making contracts and reporting (a good part of the internship experience)
- Learn about Dutch and Portuguese labor law;
- Support decision-making by gathering and analyzing data, combined with a focus on external best practices;
- Work on employee experience projects such as a healthy work environment, cultural inclusion, and (remote) team collaboration.
What you can expect from the internship:
- A daily mentor to help guide you through the learning and growing process at Nmbrs;
- Learn how to work in a manager-free environment by taking ownership of your work;
- Get responsibilities from day one that are connected to the goals we want to achieve;
- Give your personal perspective on ongoing team projects and create your own;
- Participate in our weekly and monthly strategic meetings;
- Learn how to complete hands-on HR tasks;
- Learn about the role of HR within a no-management work setting;
- After your journey at Nmbrs, your English skills will definitely improve because you’re going to interact with colleagues from all around the world (we have 20+ nationalities here at Nmbrs);
- You will receive €350-€400 monthly for the internship.
We are looking for you if you are:
- Currently studying Human Resources Management;
- You are currently enrolled at a Dutch College/University;
- Looking for an internship starting January/February 2021, with a minimum duration of 4 months and able to work 3.5 or 4 days per week;
- Native / Bilingual Dutch & a good understanding of English and comfortable speaking it, although you don’t need to worry if it's not perfect!;
- Someone who sees that HR is a combination of pro-activeness, constant growth and empathy towards others;
- Previous experience is not needed, we are here to help you learn!