HR Business Partner
We are looking for an HR Business Partner (or, as we like to say, Employee Experience Specialist) to join our Employee Experience squad in our Netherlands office!
Who we are
Nmbrs is a tight-knit family full of hard-working, passionate and dedicated professionals. We develop cutting edge software that provides our customers with the efficiency and control they need to give their employees the best possible HR and payroll service.
At Nmbrs, we have a particular way of approaching HR (and everything). We have no managers so we work together in a different way to achieve our goals. This can especially be seen in how we address our employee journey. Below you can see how HR at Nmbrs is different than at other companies.
Go to person for the full employee journey for your dedicated employees and for business needs related to them. Think of HR processes, individual cases, communication & administration. Including: contracts, mutations, salaries, labour law cases, sickness, immigration of expats, leave, performance, travels, compensation and benefits, internal events. Hereby you keep track of changes and trends in the external market, labour law, taxations and other regulations for Portugal & The Netherlands
(Pre-)onboarding and off-boarding of Nmbrs colleagues:
Making sure new employees feel welcome and accommodated from day one and leave with a smile!;
Performance conversations: retrieve and conduct feedback throughout the first year for a new employee. High and low performance conversations for >1 year employees.
- Collaborating closely with other HR expertises (coaches, recruiter, employer brand specialist, Chief People Officer) and internal committees, to carry out & build further on HR processes
- Maintain a pulse on the culture and competition position of Nmbrs, to help sharpen talent & People strategies
- Empower local HR initiatives within the organisation
- Responsible to make sure that Nmbrs is a nice place to work
- Review and analyse data, to identify trends and to recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and engagement
A day at the office
We continue working at the office, whenever it’s possible, but we have adjusted all our activities to be done from home for now. So, all the things you can think of being done with and for employees, are mostly online for now. Still, this is what you can expect from a “normal” day at the office!
You start the day with the daily check-in with your squad. What cases are you working on? What are your goals for the day? After that, you might have a video call with a new joiner for their first-month conversation. Later you check in with your colleagues to brainstorm f.e. on the ways to improve the onboarding experience. In the meantime you check your Slack (we don’t really have an ‘email’ culture), to answer questions of employees. Contract renewal is coming up as well, so you retrieve the feedback from the peer group and send suggestions based on that to our Management Team. On Fridays, you’ll end the day with our weekly Company meeting & online drinks to kick start the weekend!
Some possible projects you and your squads will work on in 2021:
- Build further and empower people to carry out an open feedback culture.
- Improving first-year feedback conversations/cycle with new employees
- Health and safety at work
- Reviewing secondary benefits package for our Amsterdam and Lisbon office
- No managers approach: creating awareness and educating employees on how to take responsibility for their (and their colleagues’) employee experience
- Future remote working policies
- Employee engagement and remote working
- Implementation and improvement of more HR tooling in our processes
Working at Nmbrs
We have no managers and all of the responsibilities that would fall on them, fall on everyone. This means that it’s everyone’s responsibility to give feedback, recognise our colleagues, address people when something is not right, give a helping hand in recruitment and make sure our surroundings are in order. We all work together to make Nmbrs a great product and a great place to work!
Perks and Benefits
- A flat organisational structure that gives you the freedom to do what you do best;
- You’re not alone in this. A personal coach is there to help you with your personal and professional growth;
- A different, agile and no-managers HR approach;
- We ensure a healthy work-life balance;
- To support the well-being of our employees, we provide the possibility to collect equipment from the office, but we have also allocated a budget for extra supplies to facilitate working from home;
- Weekly and monthly activities to maintain health, commitment and connection;
- Nice weather? Take your colleagues or your friends on our own Nmbrs boat!;
- We have an apartment in Lisbon and in Amsterdam that every employee can use;
- We’re a little different, not crazy. And we hope you are too.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have at least 3 years of work experience as HR Business Partner, HR Manager or similar role
- Have 5 years of work experience in corporate HRM
- Have up-to-date knowledge about the Dutch labour law and Dutch payroll;
- Have an HBO/WO level of education in HR / Work and Organisational Psychology or other related studies
- Are Fluent in English;
- Working experience within an international environment is a nice to have;
- Feel energised by every day being different. You can switch easily between tasks/conversations and you like to solve ad-hoc problems;
- Have a hands-on mindset;
- Be a communicative and empathetic person. You love to keep everyone happy and to connect with people.