We are looking for a Product Designer to join our UX team in our Amsterdam office. As a Product Designer, you’re going to make sure our product is easy to use by the payroll and HR professionals who use it.
You’ll be part of the Squad UX. This is the team with whom you’ll work daily. Together with two developers, one Product Owner and another Product Designer, you will learn about the Nmbrs product and understand how its usability can be improved according to our customers’ needs.
Besides the squad, you’ll also be part of Chapter Design. This is composed by all the designers inside Nmbrs and its objective is to develop the Nmbrs design’s long-term strategy.
Our product is a B2B cloud HR/Payroll application. It’s used by payroll and HR professionals that depend on our product to help their customers and employees. This industry is still very complex and manual, requiring a lot of steps and processes from our customers. Our goal is to help the payroll industry become more efficient by using automation and deliver a smooth user experience.
To help achieve this goal, we’re creating a new area inside Nmbrs to accommodate two Product Designers. Alongside the tasks below, you will help to execute and build the UX design system and strategy of our product.
- You’ll own and organise user research to understand the users’ problems;
- You’ll talk with customers and colleagues, retrieve qualitative and quantitative feedback and create insights based on those results;
- You’ll engage with stakeholders and your team to ensure your design fits with the business goals and understand technical constraints while meeting user needs;
- You’ll produce and communicate design concepts through artifacts like sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes;
- You’ll support and help build, together with external stakeholders, the design systems at Nmbrs;
- You’ll collaborate with Product Owners, engineers and designers in cross-functional product teams.
Tools: Sketch, Balsamiq, Jira
Salary range: 38k-64.8k gross yearly (including holiday allowance)
Working at Nmbrs
We have no managers and all of the responsibilities that would fall on them, fall on everyone. This means that it’s everyone’s responsibility to give feedback, recognise our colleagues, address people when something is not right, give a helping hand in recruitment and make sure our surroundings are in order. We all work together to make Nmbrs a great product and a great place to work!
Perks and Benefits
- A flat organisational structure that gives you the freedom to do what you do best;
- You’re not alone in this. A personal coach is there to help you with your personal and professional growth;
- We kick off the summer by bringing in all offices together for an amazing event at a very secret location that gets crazier each year;
- We try to have some fun once all the work is finished. We partake in bouldering, have a couple of drinks on Friday or hit the town for a night out, grab our boards to catch some waves or get sweaty during a Crossfit session;
- We ensure a healthy balance between your professional and personal life;
- We’re a little different, not crazy. And we hope you are too.
- At least 2 years of professional Product Design or UI/UX;
- A degree in Design or equivalent (Interaction Design, UX, Design, Communication Design...);
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities;
- Strong knowledge in visual design and proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, …);
- Work experience in developing, testing, and defining concepts based on research, insights (user testing, focus groups), and brand;
- Experience in creating innovative user interface designs, enabling delightful and meaningful user experiences;
- Experience with two of the following: lean startup methodologies, agile development methodologies, working directly with clients;
- Ability to understand complex requirements into simple, clear and elegant design solutions;
- You are used to working directly with clients and in agile environments;
- Fluency in English, Portuguese or Dutch is a nice-to-have.